TITAN will launch an Open Call to engage high potential start-ups/ SMEs from the AgriTech sector in TITAN piloting and business support programme.
The Open call will be published widely and adhere to EU standards of transparency, equal treatment, conflict of interest and confidentiality. The Call for third parties will be published on the Funding & Tenders Portal. The Call will remain open for 2 months. The call will have a clear European dimension. The evaluation per se will be performed by external evaluators who are European experts in given fields of TITAN’s interest. There will be a Call for expression of interest for evaluators published and widely disseminated.
More information about this Open call will follow. If you would like to be informed about news on the Open call, please subscribe to our newsletter here
The project includes the provision of an extensive tender for an open call (€1.25M), that will be open at the end of Year 1, to provide a fertile breeding ground of ideas and solutions for businesses to thrive within the new strategy of the European Green Deal.
TITAN comprises a broad mix of cutting-edge technology providers SMEs and start-ups, linked to leading research centers and agri-food stakeholders. The project is led by industry-facing, not-for-profit organizations with extensive outreach capabilities within Europe and beyond that will enhance the transferability and upscaling, and impact of TITAN solutions and provide the building blocks of a demand-driven economy that provides healthy, sustainable, and accessible food for its citizens.
TITAN has the following objectives:
- To develop and demonstrate co-created food transparency solutions that improve the safety and authenticity of our food.
- To provide a range of co-created demonstrated transparency initiatives and solutions that will facilitate consumers making improved food choices.
- To provide food stakeholders with fit-for-purpose, state-of-the-art solutions for increasing and monitoring transparency in the food system.
- To ensure all solutions are co-created, demand-driven, and applicable to small and large business.
- To develop a fertile and vibrant network of transparency technology businesses that will form the basis of a European incubator of next-generation food transparency solution providers for realizing the EU FTF strategy within the EGD.
- To engage, communicate and disseminate innovative solutions to inform stakeholders and maximize upscaling, transferability, exploitation, and take-up.