This Privacy Statement provides an overview on which personal information will be collected from you when visiting the website, how this information will be processed and used. Your personal data are processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals regarding the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), and Belgian Law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
1. What personal data do we collect?
The information collected, including personal and non-personal data, could include:
Via Mailchimp, Jotform, Survey Monkey, Microsoft forms:
- Individual name and surname,
- Name of the organization (when corresponds)
- Form interaction
- Email address
- Country of residence
Via Google Analytics:
- IP address
- User ID
- Location of the user
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Country, region, city
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
2. How do we collect your data?
We collect your data and process data when you:
- Visit our website
- Subscribe to receive our news (by completing a Mailchimp form)
- Complete a survey (on JotForm, Survey Monkey or Microsoft Forms)
3. How will we use your data?
The collection and subsequently processing of the personal information are necessary for the following purposes:
- To update relevant contents on the website and social media channels
- To report on the progress of the project to the potential funders
- To email you with news about the project and related topics
- To enable the interaction on the website (i.e., sharing function)
4. What is the legal basis for the processing?
The data subjects are invited to provide their personal information through an online form. The legal basis for this processing operation is consent.
The processing of personal data with Google Analytics is based on legitimate interests: processing your personal data is helping us identify what is working and what is not on our website. For example, it helps us identify if the way we are communicating is engaging or not and how we can organize the structure of the website better. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on our website.
You can withdraw your consent at any time until one month before the end of the project, by writing an email to the following address: email@example.com, however that will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to such withdrawal.
5. How do we store your data?
Your data is securely stored by EFFOST on a password-protected server in the Netherlands. Only authorized people can access the information.
Your data will be stored until the end of the project (31st August 2026). Once this time period has expired your data will be deleted.
6. Who is responsible for the data processing?
The Controller for this processing operation is the TITAN project partner EFFoST.
For surveys run by different TITAN partners, please see the survey consent form for information on specific data processing.
7. Recipients of personal data
Only defined EFFoST staff and ILSI staff working on the TITAN project are allowed to process the personal information. Other project partners will be able to access to specific data if the purpose is specified and consent is given by users in advance.
All recipients of the data are reminded of their obligation not to use the data for any further purpose other than the ones for which they were collected.
The personal information collected will not be communicated to third parties, except where necessary for the purposes outlined and to the entities identified above or otherwise specified.
The collection and part of the processing of personal information are carried out through:
- Microsoft Form https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/
- SurveyMonkey https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy/
- Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/legal/
- JotForm https://www.jotform.com/privacy/
- Google Analytics https://policies.google.com/privacy
8. Social media interactions
The TITAN website integrates social media interactions allowing to share the project’s website content on social media platforms and other related actions. By using these interactions, your personal data may be shared with a wide audience including, in some cases, those who are not logged on to the specific social media selected.
The applicable data protection provisions of the social media integrated in the TITAN website may be accessed under the following links:
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- WhatsApp – https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/
9. Will the personal data be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area without an adequate level of data protection?
Part of the collection and processing of personal information are carried out through ‘MailChimp’ a platform provided by the Rocket Science Group LLC, an American company. Adequate safeguards have been adopted as required by law through standard contractual clauses (SCCs).
Part of the collection and processing of personal information are carried out through ‘Google Analytics’ a platform provided by Google LLC, an American company. Adequate safeguards have been adopted as required by law through standard contractual clauses (SCCs).
10. What are your data protection rights?
You have the right to access your personal data, which is the right to obtain confirmation about your data processed by EFFOST and the right to rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data. You have also the right to object or restrict to the processing or request the removal of your personal data, which will be implemented as soon as your specific request will have been deemed legitimate.
If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the data Controllers. You will find the address in the section ‘Contacts’ below.
All your requests concerning your data protection rights should be addressed to:
European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFOST)
Agro Business Park 82, 6708 PW Wageningen, The Netherlands
Jeroen Knol (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You have at any time the right to lodge a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority at:
PO Box 93374
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
+31 (0)70 888 85 00